Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 45

Sea Day. I can feel everyone’s cold trying to take me…I’m fightin’. Today I relaxed to try to build energy and keep away from people. Deanna has been photo happy lately. She is easily the most recognized in our ensemble. For whatever reason everyone in the world thinks she look familiar…be it from a movie, childhood friend, relative, neighbor…whatever. She wanted to go out taking pictures of old people sleeping. I told her she was on her own. It is too hard to be inconspicuous when everyone recognizes her instantly. She asked for some technique pointers…I’m very sneaky when I take some of my photos. We crossed paths at one point, and someone said “great show last night” so I ditched her. 

Since I was still feeling like I could get hit by the cold I went to work out. Sweating felt like it purged some germs. I then showered, ate, went to a show and then watched Deanna eat. This was at about 8pm. The whole time she was eating I felt exhausted. Just as we were leaving the buffet we saw pretty much everybody fun on the ship coming in for dinner. Deanna went back to hang out with them. I went back to the room. Shrek was on TNT. I turned on the TV, lied down, and almost immediately fell asleep. Around 9:15 I woke up and decided that if I was going to sleep I may as well get ready for bed and sleep for real. As soon as I got in bed I couldn’t sleep.

Deanna came back around 10:30 with lots of little tid bits. The biggest one being that the Quest…that crazy game show I keep talking about? Yeah…it is now PG because some cast (not Second City, but other entertainment) played it on another ship and had some crew on their team. This apparently ruined things for all the NCL ships as far as the Quest is concerned. I don’t feel bad for missing it tonight at least.

Today I calculated that there are 115 days in our contract on the ship.

No comments: