Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day 20

Cozumel, Mexico. We made it into town today before a rehearsal. Mostly shopping. I needed a pair of sunglasses and ended up doing my first haggling. I wanted a pair of silver aviator glasses. One of the vendors there said they had some in their store. I went in, asked how much and he said $35. I think I laughed. I was looking to spend $10 for a cheap pair, and these were cheap. I said $10. He said “Come on…I can give you these [other ones] for $10.” So I left. On my way back past that same shop an older guy said “you wanted glasses, right?” I said yes. He said $15. So if you let them know you want something specific your best tactic is to then walk out and walk back by.

We had rehearsal and two shows. Edge and some of the dancers (Jon Paul and Christopher for sure) were at the 9:30 show. We all (us and the people just mentioned) went out for drinks and had a fun time.

Other than that, pretty tame.

No comments: