Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 30

Sea Day 1 of 2. Really? A month already? This is going by fast for us. We are really lucky to be with this cast on this ship. There isn’t a lot of drama, we enjoy going out on excursions together yet don’t feel pressured to do so, and we communicate well.

Today was a typical sea day. We got up just in time for breakfast. I worked on making sure my address book was correct. I FINALLY worked out again after 3 days of not. We had a rehearsal at 4:00…an improv rehearsal. Since we only do improv shows on one night we decided to have a rehearsal to keep fresh. From there we had a little time before dinner and then our two improv shows.

I had three little adventures with passengers today. 1) someone said they had a crush on me, 2) a lady in the laundry room called me “adventure dude” because I used the iron with water inside instead of spraying the water on, and 3) I walked in on an old guy pooping because he didn’t lock the stall doors. You can’t see under the walls on the stalls…lock the doors. There is a lock on them…for locking…the doors. I know this is a sweet gig…let’s not dampen the effect by throwing old guys pooping into the mix.

Our shows were great tonight. Our new cruise director really liked them. We also went to Cirque Bijoux in between our shows. It was Nate’s last show. He is one of the gymnasts and was here when Greg Hess was. I have a picture on my phone that I don’t think is up on flickr yet. On one of our rehearsal days in Chicago we crossed paths with Beth and Brendan, Steve, and Greg. Them combined with us equals four generations of Nowegian Jewel casts…If Jen, Larrance, or Andy would have been in the photo it would have been 5. Anyhow, we sat in “Box 5” (that’s what I call it)…the upper level seats at the very front of house-left. These are the best seats, why? They are the only seats where you can see what the dancers do with their faces when their backs are to the audience. One guy ends a big number with his back to the audience and he stuck his tongue out at a dancer about to come on…that kind of thing.

Christmas is coming fast. We have one full day to get Christmas cards ready to go and we don’t have enough envelopes. That means a crappy day in Miami on Sunday.

I’m glad things haven’t become too repetitive. Hopefully my blog hasn’t either.

No comments: