Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 32

Miami, Fl. What? It was cloudy and rainy today. We went into town and tried to find stamps for our Christmas cards. Walgreens didn’t have them and said “they’ll have some at the Walgreens three blocks down the street.” So we went. On the way there a one-armed man said “can you spare some change for food?” I said, “Sorry.” To which he angrily said, “If you’re sorry, why don’t you help me get some food!” That’s a pretty good tactic to get someone to help you…right?

We made it to the other Walgreens and they were out of stamps also. They ALSO recommended an even bigger walgreens to go to. We didn’t. I headed back to stop by Starbucks and then holiday inn. I kind of hoped I would cross paths with the beggar again. A lot of scenarios passed through my head. Would he ask me for food again? If so, what would I do? Crap on the sidewalk and offer him that? Say “follow me”, have him watch me order lunch and also watch me walk off with my lunch? Take a $20 and throw it down a sewer drain? This guy may have been in need, but he was an asshole.

Anyway…I did some work, some shopping, and then got back on. Called my dad and answered some questions about their upcoming cruise. They will be on at the same time as Deanna’s mom. We got things settled for her today as well. They will all be on the same flights to and from the cruise.

Tonight was casual. We went to check out another performer we haven’t seen. A musician. At the beginning of the shows a generic announcement plays with info like no cell phones and what-not. Someone took a picture of the peacock curtain on the stage…their flash went off less than a second before the “no flash photography is allowed” part and all of us SC people cracked up.

More photos are online…flickr.com, search for “Rance Rizzutto Photography”. If everyone who reads this has looked at the pics, then I know 4 people read this. Thanks you 4.

No comments: