Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 36

Really? Five days until Christmas? Yikes.

This morning was a morning that made me appreciate old people. Why? I went up to get breakfast around 10:15 (buffet closes at 10:30) and I couldn’t find a table…I ALWAYS find a table. We always find the SAME table in the back…always. Not today. Deanna had gone up 5 minutes before me and was nowhere to be found. I was walking around with a bowl of oatmeal and finally sat down at a table that had empty plates still on it. Finished my oatmeal and yogurt and walked around a little more. Didn’t see Deanna or anyone else, so I went back to my room to wait it out until 10:55 (way-back buffet closes at 11:00am). Everyone but Mike was at the usual table. So…why do I appreciate old people? They go to bed around 9:00pm and wake up at something like 4:00am to eat breakfast. Thus leaving it clear for us 10:00am-ers.

We were probably at breakfast chatting until noon. Decided to leave and ran into Chris and JP from JARs about to eat lunch. It’s called the two hour breakfast. Finally we headed to our room. On the way down the stairs we heard a thud above us and then a woman saying “Are you ok? Someone call 911!” An old guy fell over. Deanna and I rushed up and then scrambled to find a house phone. Luckily one of the staff with a phone showed up and took over. The guy was responsive and said “I felt lightheaded” but didn’t make an effort to get up. We then heard “Code Alpha. 10. Midship.” That is the medical emergeny code…Bravo is fire.

At 1:30 we had another hacky sack meeting and then it was pretty easy going until The Quest at 10:45. I have some photos of the final quest where a couple from each team has to change outfits on the stage. They get to change in the dark, but they don’t know what the challenge is until one man and one woman get to the stage from each team. Usually it is a huge guy and a tiny lady. The lady’s clothes are usually 2-3 sizes bigger by the end.

No comments: