Saturday, December 01, 2007

Day 17

Yet again at sea. We will be in Miami tomorrow and pick up a new crew. There may be a few people staying on, but not many. We do 5 and 9 day cruises…if you do them both in a row, congrats. You’ve just done a 14 day cruise.

Not much going on today so we kept a sharp eye on activities. After eating and going to the gym we went to the 3:00pm crew show. This was mostly various crew members singing songs. Imagine singing karaoke, but you don’t get to see the words, you have a live band playing the music, and there are 1000 attentive viewers. That is what it was like. At the end the cruise staff did a show called “Fountains”. There are about 8 people on the cruise staff. They were all dressed in toga-esque clothing and came out with water pitchers. The gist is they put water in their mouths and spit it on each other. It is much more entertaining than the gist makes it feel. I video-taped it and will hopefully get it on youtube.

The next big event on the agenda was Wii Boxing from 6:30-8:00. I let everyone know about it. Jen showed up. Wii games are great. After an 8 year old and his dad/grandfather played it was time for Jen and I to play. She destroyed me. If you don’t know what Wii is like, you have a control in your hand that I think they call a wand. You have to actually move the wand to play. As in, when I punch in real life my character punches as well. Well, while playing Jen the kid kept saying “you’re getting beat by a girl!” so I said “you play her next.” He lost too. I got beat twice by Jen and twice by the kid. Finally, in my last match against Jen, I won. It was my first win! I played for the first time about a week ago and had the idea that we should try to arrange it so that it is “Play Wii against the Second City!” Well, when Jen and I were playing, and Mike and Andy (who showed up and played after my victory) we really got the crowd going. It will work after people have seen us do a show.

I went straight from there to the show. It was a combo of Andre & Cirell and Edge. Then I pretty much ate and came back to the room. Tomorrow is Miami day and I want to catch up on some TV via the intertnet.

No comments: