Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 97

Antigua. Today was a day of interneting in Antigua. Other than that it was low key. Gym, food, etc.

We had a minor game night at 8:15. I had to leave at 9:00 for an adventure though. I filmed a documentary style behind the scenes of the JARs Country Gold show. I’m not exactly sure why. It had been talked about that Country Gold gets crazy backstage because of the quick changes, and ESPECIALLY because they are changing in and out of cowboy boots. So it would be me filming an empty hallway or one person lingering waiting for their number, and then a mad rush of people coming through, ripping off clothes, throwing on a new outfit, and then running back out.

Deanna said she may edit it with her mac.

About halfway through that I started getting a cough. I had the start of a cold a few days ago and it felt like it went away, but then I just got a cough. I came back to my room as Deanna and others went off to a crew wine tasting event. Then I started getting feverish. I cranked up the heat but was still cold. Didn’t sleep very well either. It sucked. But, on the bright side, not bad for not really having a cold for the past year. I used to get colds all the time, but they have been far less frequent since I tried cutting back on high fructose corn syrup…aka soda.
So, I spent the night huddled in bed trying to get warm or at least break a sweat. Deanna got back from the wine tasting around 2:45am. Yikes.

No comments: