Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 88


021008_001
Originally uploaded by Rance Rizzutto Photography
Miami, FL. Well, I’ve gone and done it this time. Loyal readers will know that Hot Rod is a movie that grows on you if you’re me. Deanna can’t stand it (I think it is a façade). Today I downloaded the soundtrack on iTunes. Great purchase. Cool beans remix? C’mon!

I looked at the weather for Chicago. -2. Yike! Deanna and I are screwed. We spent three years getting acclimated to winters in Chicago and now a breeze on a 72 degree day sends us running for jeans and sweatshirts. Guess who didn’t bring a coat with them? Me…that’s who.

I’ll probably buy one in Miami on our last day if the weather in Chicago looks bad.

I also downloaded Oxygene by Jean Michael Jarre…it is an album that my parents had when I was growing up. It’s all synthesizer, new-agey stuff…but I listened to it a lot. One of the songs was in the house music for Cirque Bijoux. That inspired me to look for it again, and there it was.

We ended up seeing the folks who are starting up on the NCL Dawn today. Brett and Vanessa are the two we know. I feel like I’m missing one name of the other folks, but they are Molly, Matt, Craig, and Jesse. Any of those could be wrong. If they’re all right then I am awesome with memory. We only got to see them briefly as they were coming in with luggage and confusion. The first day is always the hardest because of so many factors. Right now we are technically passengers. This was a change that happened right before we got on board. Now NCL is making us Blue Cards again…crew, but not crew…but definitely not passengers. We haven’t switched over yet, but two other ships have and the Dawn crew is coming in as crew. So we have that to look forward to.
Tonight we had a baby shower for Svetlana and Roman. It was a fun thing to do and they seemed to love it. Home away from home.

No comments: