Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 100

Sea Day. Of which I spent almost the entire time in the cabin. I got up for breakfast, ate, and left when I was done instead of hanging out. Stayed in the room doing nothing much but watching TV and resting. Deanna turned on some Gregory Hines movie where he was portraying Bill Robinson aka Mr. Bojangles. When she flipped to it I told her to watch something else because I didn’t want to watch a tap dance movie. She didn’t. I was pretty much just playing solitaire or hearts on the computer the whole time. Well, it came to the end of the movie. Mr. Bojangles is in a hospital bed with a plastic bubble around him and his agent is there telling stories from their past. His agent tells him some other tap dancer wants to stop by and say hi. Oh…SPOILER ALERT…this is the end of the movie. So, Mr. Bojangles says “where are my shoes?”…this is moments before I look up at the screen. The agent says, “how am I supposed to know? Maybe in your closet or…” Mr. Bojangles is there and now he’s dead. I…start…BAWLING uncontrollably. Well, I managed to say “stupid movie letting Mr. Bojangles die” or something as I started crying. But it was UNCONTROLLABLE. I started laughing, Deanna started laughing, but I was still crying along with the laughing. This went on for about 3 minutes at least. It was stress relieving, that’s for sure.

Other than that we had our improv shows tonight. They were both great.

Now I’m trying to kill a cold. Deanna and I are in charge of the improv workshop tomorrow.

No comments: