Friday, February 08, 2008

Day 86

Sea Day. Did I mention there are less than 30 days until I’m back in Chicago? ‘Cause there are. Time flies when you’re having fun. Sorry, Ben Johnson.

Today was day two of a new workout program I’m trying. It is a 12-week program…so I guess I’ll be going to the gym in Chicago. I am excited that I’ve been working out enough to A) see results and B) feel like it has become a habit…so I’ll probably keep at it. For those of you keeping score, no…it wasn’t a New Year’s resolution.

After my workout I did something I don’t normally do. I came back to the room and crashed…hard. I was watching Bourne Ultimatum again…it was even in the middle of an action packed chase…and I fell asleep. For three hours.

I got up in time for us to go to the first Cirque Bijoux show. We keep trying to sit in the 6th row in the center so we can make faces at David on the bungee cords. That theater packs quick. We’ve never been in the 6th row…EVER. David was out though. He hurt his back and was sitting in our row to watch the show. They did great. We went back to the 9:30 show too, but missed the 6th row again. We sat upfront and Deanna was giggling at something. I looked up and Christopher was nearly breaking on stage…well, pretty much breaking. That weird face when you’re trying not to laugh, but people can tell that you are trying not to laugh. Another thing that happened was a chunk of this diamond necklace prop fell off. A chunk big enough to hurt if stepped on and possibly easy to slip on. The ballroom number happened and Roman and Sascha came close to stepping on it. Then the ladies from the Emerald Isles came out. Keeva was right by it. There is one move where they are near the floor and gracefully bring one arm down. Keeva did this and gave a quick and short swat at the necklace piece. It was barely noticeable and I only saw it because I was in the front row and focused on the necklace. It was cat-like and swift.

After the shows I came right back here and relaxed and slept. It is the last cruise for Gym Tim and Gym Chris (there are two Tims and multiple Chrises). Both leaving early from their contracts. The gym and spa workers are hired through and work for a separate company from NCL. When we first got here in November is was supposed to be Chris’ last cruise, but he decided to stick to his contract. They’re both great and will be missed. It is also Ana Panic’s last cruise before she transfers to the Sun. She is saucy and was one of the first people we met because Matt knew her. I’m hoping it won’t be a month of goodbyes.

We will be attempting to say hello to Brett and Vanessa from Chicago. They are on the new cast of the Dawn and will be coming in on Sunday while we’re in port. I feel like I may have said this before. It will just be nice to see some faces from home.

I don’t remember if I have mentioned this either…Deanna and I will be taking a writing class that we’ve been DYING to take since before we left. More on that as we go.

No comments: