Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day 84


020608_083
Originally uploaded by Rance Rizzutto Photography
Barbados. Today we went to a place called The Blue Monkey. We were told by the excursion people that you could see turtles there…TURTLES! What they didn’t tell us is that you get harassed every 5 feet to buy necklaces, get a chair, got Jet Skiing and what not. We even had two guys trying to get us to go in their cab right from the port. Barbados went down a few notches today. Lighten up, Bajans!

Anyhow…we went. It was a bit of a swim out to get where the turtles were. We knew where they were because there were 5 boats constantly going out there with people to snorkel or view via glass bottom boat. The swim out there was a vast expanse of nothing. Remember how you start seeing life about 3 feet out at Cemetary beach? Not here. Even once we got out there it was sparse. There were two turtles though…so we did see some. We also saw a couple blowfish and some weird thing. I haven’t checked my pics yet. I’m hoping they all come out. It was cloudy as usual so the light wasn’t cooperating.

Other than that…not much. Oh! Sascha, Sveta, and Roman were with us. Sascha borrowed Deanna’s mask and went swimming out there to see the turtles. Later we see one of the tour boat guys swimming her back to shore. His words as she got into safe water…”Next time bring fins”.

She has a sore knee from dancing and it apparently started acting up once she got out there.

Tonight was another crew party…this time outside. I was there briefly. Once the loud music gets even louder I’m out of there. Otherwise it is just me smiling and nodding pretending I can hear anything. I think these parties are great for the crew…just not for me.

No comments: