Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 76


012908_385
Originally uploaded by Rance Rizzutto Photography
Cozumel. Today I got up early after a night of fitful sleep. Really early compared to what we’re used to…6:00am. My Christmas present to my parents was an excursion to the Mayan ruins in Tulum, Mexico. This was great. I learned a lot of great things about the Mayans and how one catholic priest pretty much destroyed all of their knowledge. Knowledge that was important. Not just knowledge of their culture (like what the hieroglyphics stand for) but their knowledge of math and astronomy. Thanks, preist. Their calendar is more accurate than the Gregorian calendar we’re using…and their calendar ends 12/22/2012. There are a lot of theories about what is supposed to happen, and I think they’re all bad.

We had to ride a 30 minute ferry to a 1 hour bus ride. Lots of pics. What did our guide tell us when we arrived? Be back at 1:00. If you’re back at 1:05 you’ll make it, but you’ll be holding up people. If you make it later than 1:10 the bus won’t be there because it needs to take off to get us back to the ferry and back on our ship by our 3:30 all-aboard time. Sounds ominous and official, right? Like you definitely would make an effort to be on time? Not for two people it didn’t. We left at 1:15 without them.

Jen or Larrance said they saw a boat catch up to our ship not long after we left. We assume it was them.

In other news, Deanna went out to snorkeling with her mom and her mom may have broken her toe in the water…and maybe even stepped on an urchin.

We had two great shows tonight. We changed up our show ending to a different improv game. I like the change and think it is the right pace for the audience. So THAT is good…plus our parents saw us perform for a company that isn’t ComedySportz.

Alright, I gotta sleep if I want 8 hours before breakfast.

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

Rance didn't tell ya that I made it back at 1:08. I hadem scared, I'll bet. Had to get those last shots so I was hoofing it. High humidity had me puffing. - Dad