Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 69

St. John’s, Antigua. Action PACKED!...kinda.

Remember that little kid from the show last night? Well he has about 50 brothers on the ship (4 or 5, but they always seem to be where ever we are). This morning at breakfast we were sitting with Keelan, Charlotte, Roman, and Sveta. Shortly after Keelan and Charlotte left this kid…Albert…comes up to our table. He stops about a foot away from the table and just stares at us. Picture Seth Weitberg at age 4 or 5…that’s this kid. He had yellow paint on his face so I used that to break the stare down. “What’s on your face?” I say.

He starts talking and asks Deanna if she’s the lady from the comedy show. She says yes and asks if he saw any of the other shows. He’s seen them all. She asks if he recognizes me. He gives me a good look and says “Say something.” I say “like what” in a falsetto voice. “No. You’re not the magician.” He thought I was Keelan the magician…from England. She asks if he recognizes Roman…no. I say…in a British accent “did you see her show?” His face lights up because he thinks I’m definitely Keelan. He doesn’t say anything. He takes a deck of unopened cards out of his pocket and puts it on the table.

This went on for a little bit. Me faking British and him talking. I then let him know I wasn’t Keelan. He did a magic trick and was on his way. I have to say, it is pretty fun pulling pranks on 5 year olds.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. I didn’t go to the beach.

We played Settlers of Catan again tonight. Twice. Jen won the first one and Deanna won the second. The first one was the worst game of Settlers I’ve ever played. For those of you who know the game I had built one road and one settlement (besides the usual starting roads and settlements) by the time Jen won.

In other news, Heath Ledger died today. He was 28. I thought he was a good actor. I found out about it relatively quickly on the news in the gym…about an hour after he was found. The police said it appeared it was from a drug overdose. Drug overdose. C’mon, famous people…learn a lesson already! Remember how one person dies from an overdose and then someone else usually does too? Chill out on the drugs already, famous people and relatives of famous people who have died from drug overdoses.

Tomorrow is Barbados. There is no way I’m going anywhere tomorrow. Mark my words. More on this later.

No comments: