Thursday, January 03, 2008

Day 49 Pt. 2


(tada! video! I don't know why I have "Sean Connery 'S's" in this)

Cozumel, Mexico. It was still windy and still wavy on the way back to the ship. We took off and the ship slowly started rocking again…but not as bad as during the night.

Still, we worried for the JARs show…and ours. Our improv shows start after each JAR show. They have a 7:30 and 9:30, we have an 8:45 and a 10:45. We usually manage to watch a good portion of the 9:30 show and tonight wasn’t any different. There was only the slightest sign of struggle with the waves on their part. It has got to be tough. Even though the rockiness might not be super bad it still causes what I call “gravity pockets.” Either the ship is moving up because of a wave, which causes double gravity, or the ship moves down after a wave, causing half gravity. I’m sure this was happening during their show. It has got to be hard on the male dancers doing lifting. A 110 pound dancer suddenly becomes a 160 pound dancer if the timing is right.

Apparently the ship was going slow for their show and kicked into gear right after it ended…and just in time for our second improv set. Rock-y.

Most of us ate afterwards. There were some passengers sleeping in the atrium. It is on deck 7 midship. So, it is pretty much the middlemost point on the ship and therefore the least rocky. Barf bags are also everywhere now incase anyone needs them.

I’m watching the front of the boat channel…every so often a flood light turns on and I can see the waves very clearly. I wish I could see a weather radar.

No comments: