Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 67

Samana. Happy Birthday, Shad!

Today was mellow, grey, and somehow busy. Samana isn’t the best port. Nothing too exciting on the island itself. BUT! There is a private island right near by that the ship offers excursions to. It is called Caya Levantado (spelling is pretty close if not 100% correct). Deanna got us excursion tickets with a crew discount last night. And of course, this morning was grey. It had the look of “these clouds could break!” but it got thicker by the time we were on the island. I imagine it is a great place when the weather is good. We didn’t hang out too long before coming back to the ship. We were just glad we didn’t cave and stay on the ship in the first place.

Once we got back it was a mix of eating and working out again. We watched some of the Patriots vs Chargers game. Then dinner and some Settlers of Catan! I won the first game. Larrance won the second. I had no chance in the second one. My advice is if you play two games back to back, and you just won the first one…well…guess what? You’re the target. It wasn’t even so much that I was a target, but that I tried a new strategy…it was not good.

In other news, with 48 days left it is starting to feel like we’re running out of time…and we still have 48 days left. We received an email asking for our travel plans on the last day. That makes the end of this contract a little final.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to catch up to Deanna. She is speaking full sentences in Italian and I can say “The man reads” or “a bicycle”.

No comments: