Monday, January 14, 2008

Day 60 Pt. 2

Miami, FL. Well, once we got back on the ship it was a gambit of laundry, photos, and eating.

Massimo and Alesia (the adagio couple from the JARs) practice on “the silks” from time to time. “Silks” are two long pieces of silk hanging from the ceiling. Doing an act on them means climbing up them and suspending yourself in different ways from them. I know they are used in a commercial for some hotel to show how spacious the rooms are. A lady is in a room by the curtains (actually silks) and ends up flying around the room doing silk maneuvers. Why do I mention all this? I talked with them and found out when they would be rehearsing so I could take pictures. I did just that. I wanted to get a few key shots that I had in mind, but I ran out of time.

From photos I went to meet Jen’s parents for drinks with everyone else. By this point Deanna and I were starting to get hungry. After drinks Deanna and I headed to Azura to eat. They were full. We then went to Tsar’s…they had the same menu as Azura that night, but with more space. When we got there we were well into our “hangry” phase (hungry that makes you angry). When I’m hungry like that I’d just assume go to the buffet, but we had already put the effort in and were nearing a table. The hostess said “would anyone mind sharing a table with other passengers?” Without dropping a beat Deanna raises her hand. They march us and two other groups of two off together. I’m hangry. I don’t want to spend dinner playing getting to know you with passengers…I want food. On our way to our table we saw Keelan and Charlotte. They invited us to sit with them. We were saved!

We had a nice dinner. The first time we had dinner together was in a bigger group of people. I didn’t care for the appetizers that night so I ordered two entrees…beef and duck. Keelan and Charlotte are both vegetarians and there I am digging into two plates of meat. The next time they ate with us was the next day and I had two turkey burgers. Charlotte asked if I always had a plate of meat for my meals. Pretty much.

I also watched some more Band of Brothers. If you’re interested in WWII, watch this series on DVD.

No comments: