Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day 49 Pt. 1

Holy Balls! We hit a major storm last night. Major. At around 4:00am it woke me up. The ship was a-rockin', I could hear the constant hiss of rain hitting our tender boats. About 45 seconds after it woke me up Deanna said "are you awake?". We turned on the TV to the info channel. Violent Storm. I can't remember if it said the wind was 45 or 73 knots...but it was hard. Waves 12-18 feet high. We turned to the "front of the boat" channel. It was dark and then they turned the lights on. Major waves.

I managed to fall back asleep. Deanna stayed up and watched a movie.

Today I'm in Cozumel using free internet at a restaurant. The wind is 45 mph and there are still major waves. Needless to say, we didn't go snorkeling.

More as the day happens.

No comments: