Thursday, January 03, 2008

Day 50

Zzz Day. The rockiness continued. I joked with a lot of people yesterday that it was 75 degrees in Cozumel and that that was CHILLY (HA HA HA…ohhh…ha ha…haaaaaa). As we kept rocking through the night I watched the ship info channel. 66 degrees. What? Ok…it was night time…I guess it would get cooler. This morning? 54 degrees. That means jeans, shoes, hoody sweatshirt. THEN I watched the news…snow in Florida? Things got cold in a place where it doesn’t. It was inconvenient…and it was the truth. Catch my drift?

This is the first morning that I haven’t been up in time for breakfast. I never eat breakfast at home…at least not in the morning. I’ve done nothing but out here. It was tough to go anywhere on the ship because there are stir-crazy passengers all over. The pool area is inactive and pretty much shutdown so everyone is hanging in the indoor areas. I spent a lot of time in my room.

I DID go to the bridge viewing area for the first time. A nice little area that lets you see what is going on in there. Next time we hit a big storm late at night I’m going to go up there.

We had to pack up today…at least Mike, Deanna, and I did. We’re moving to rooms with no windows. The windows are obstructed so no loss to me. Hopefully it will be better on tender morning and we won’t hear the winches. It’s almost like leaving a legacy behind. These rooms have housed many different casts. Brendan and Beth were in this room before us and I thing Steve and Katie before them. Keeping this in mind…a mystery is afoot. I have three drawers right by the TV and Deanna took the three by the desk. My bottom drawer never closed all the way. Tonight as I was unpacking I though “I bet something is back there!” I found a lavender thin fleece pair of pajama pants, a grey thin fleece pj pants with thick purple stitching, two pairs of underwear, and a white silk night…all size Medium. If you’re the owner, email me.

Later tonight we did a photo exchange. Andy has a lot of great photos of Deanna and I that I will be printing. We then played a card game called Quao (cow). The goal is to be the first to get rid of your cards. One card says challenge someone to a staring contest…the loser draws a card. It is usually played and usually Jen vs someone and Jen loses fast. I played it as my second to last card and challenged Andy. If I didn’t he would win. We had an epic staring contest…epic. Even with Jen blowing in my face. Andy’s eyes even teared up and cryed without him blinking. He ended up winning. Epic.

It is now night and the seas have finally chilled out. Tomorrow, Miami. I plan to catch up on TV via internet…it usually doesn’t work well in the hotel. We also have to do the actual room move tomorrow. Yikes!

No comments: