Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 71

Castries, St. Lucia. Holy Tired! Deanna and I were beat after a day of swimming, jet skiing and dancing. We went to breakfast at the usual time, but came back to the room. I fell asleep until 2:00 and then went into town to find a coffee place (there weren’t any). Deanna went to the spa, then to Spinaker, then came back and slept for eternity.

Something of note at breakfast. They close down the main buffet around 10:30. I try to get there right at 10:30 to get oatmeal and then go out back to get an omelet. I also usually get coffee. I missed oatmeal and noticed there was a table blocking one of the coffee stations. Went out back, the beverages were blocked off with an employee serving. I got oatmeal and decided to just get some boiled eggs…there was an employee who served them to me. This isn’t normal and probably means one thing. We’ve just had our first GI outbreak during our contract. GI (a.k.a. poopy pants) gets spread when people think they are the one who doesn’t need to have their hands sanitized…but they are…and then they use the buffet…and everyone who touches those utensils gets their grubby hand germs.

Mom, Dad, Cheryl…sanitize your hands before and after you get a plate of food in the buffet. And by “after” I mean after you fill your plate but before you actually eat it.

No comments: