Friday, March 28, 2008

Settlers of Catan

This post is mostly for Jen, but also for anyone who recently started playing Settlers or don't really know the rules right (like me and anyone who's played with me...read on).

Rene, who we're staying with, recently found out Settlers is available for download on xbox live (Listed only as "Catan"). So he set his xbox up for xbox live and downloaded the demo. I then logged in and upgraded his demo to full version via my account.

I mention this because you can learn things from the electronic version of games.

Jen and Larrance...here are the things that are contrary or new:
1) you CAN play a soldier before you roll the dice to free up your "awesome" hex.
2) if your road ends at a point where someone crossed their road in front of you, and that spot is blank, AND it is two away from another settlement or castle you can BUILD in that spot...RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR ROAD!...AND!!! It cuts their road in two! I had a 10-long road (and longest road) and the computer built right in the middle of my road AND my longest road was listed as 7 long.

Strategy galore!

I like bees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is true but bees.
Wheat! Ore! Wheat! Brick! Wood! And Wheat!