Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things...more or less than 5.

Well, it was kind of warm out today...I didn't have to wear my hat.

What's been going on? Well, we definitely have a place to move into and will probably move on the 3rd or so (so we probably won't be to bh this time around, declan...but I didn't think I was coming last year...we're very fluid).

On Monday night I had an idea. "I want to play Settlers of Catan! Rene is gone, Deanna is leaving soon for an audition...I'd better call the calvary." So I tried first getting in touch with Ben and Shad. I knew they would play! All we need are three! Ben, in. Shad, out. I then sent a barrage of text messages and emails to find at least a third player if not a fourth. No one. Zero. This was around 5pm. Ben and I gave up and then good ole Jon sends a text around 7:20. I get ahold of Ben again...and we're on! We played two games...one regular and one Cities and Knights. Ben won both. It was glorious.

Side note, today I was in Staples and they had a "secret safe" type thing. It was designed to look like a book, but not...you know. The only problem was this book was probably 2.5-3" wide on the bridge, but easily only 8" tall. Why is this a problem for me? The "book" title was "World Atlas". Not US or State...World. Every...and I mean EVERY World Atlas I've seen has been at least 11x14 if not bigger, and DEFINITELY not as small as this safe. I think if I had never seen this contraption, and I walked into someone's den and saw this tiny little World Atlas I would be COMPELLED to pick it up. "War and Peace" I would have bought.

No comments: