Saturday, March 08, 2008

Day 115

Sea Day…the last sea day. Today was all about packing and being places at certain times. Yesterday we talked with personnel and asked if we really needed to be up at 6:30am on the final day to close out our accounts. They said we could do it today, but we wouldn’t be able to buy anything. So we figured we would stop by the finance department at 4:30pm. Well…finance was only open between 11am-12pm on the last sea day so we’re getting up early tomorrow. We would have had to be up at 8am to turn in our nametags so it isn’t that bad.

At 5:30 we had our last workshop. It was pretty good. Not a lot more to ask for on this one. Next on the agenda was taking luggage down to security at 8pm. Deanna had been punchy all day because of the 5:30am bedtime the night before. We ate dinner at Tangos around 6:30pm. She pulled a sweet move on my there. The waiter was making the push for us to order drinks from the bar and suggested a margarita. Deanna said “you know what? I WILL have a margarita!” and started looking for her card. SURPRISE! She didn’t have it. I got the drink for her.

8:00pm, we take our luggage down. They look through it and sign us off. Boom. Only a slight hiccup when I’m not on the list. We got back to the room so Deanna could take a nap before the 9:30 show.

Ahhhh…the 9:30 show. It was a variety show…a mix of the performers in a way. This is the first cruise, I think, in our contract that did not have a crew show. Normally Senad (cruise staff) plays Gorky Park on guitar in the crew show. This is his last cruise and he started of the variety show. Tambye also sang, and the jugglers did a few things. But the awesome parts? Let me tell you. David did his Crow themed straps routine (the stuff I took the pictures of), and Massimo and Alesia did their silks routine. Oh…my…god…these were great. David was towards the beginning of the show and the silks were toward the end. I’m sitting here trying to think of how to describe them and I can’t. They were great. They haven’t performed those routines on the ship before…or before at all in the case of Massimo and Alesia. We’re glad we got to see them on our last night.

We then went to shipnmales and hung out. Andy did his backwards striptease again. More importantly they did that dance I like to River Deep, Mountain High. It all goes downhill from the end of that show…the goodbyes started.

We told people we would be down in the crew bar, so it wasn’t that bad up in Spinnaker. So crew bar we went. It wasn’t that bad until people could tell it was coming down to the final goodbyes. I teared up a little bit down there. We left. We came up to good ole deck 10, walked down the hallway, went through our door, and I broke down. It all became real, all at once.

I hope I get to see these people again. I feel like Deanna and I will probably be on a ship again. Hopefully with at least some of these people. We’ve made so many great friends from all over the world, and now we have to leave them. You will be missed, but stay in touch…I mean, c’mon!

We’re so thankful for this opportunity and hope another comes along.
This is the last post from the ship. Well…I guess we’re going to at least eat breakfast on the ship. Oatmeal and boiled eggs…one more time!

No comments: