Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Day 111 Pt. 2

Antigua. Well, after I left my sweet internet connection Deanna and I met up with the rest of the gang at Big Banana for pizza…and oddly enough, more internet.

Deanna and I got our first homework assignments for a writing class we’re taking at iO. Monday was the first class and we get back on Sunday. I have heard absolutely NOTHING but good things about this class. The short summary is that it teaches how to write for TV in different forms, AND how to take the stuff you write and actually market it to agents and shows. Our first assignment, however, is tricky. It is writing a Leno-esque monologue two-liner joke a day based on that day’s Chicago Tribune. They don’t exactly have daily Tribunes on the ship, and internet awesomeness ended in Antigua.

From Antigua we got back on the ship and watched TV until I fell asleep. Yet another nap…boo, naps. I don’t mind the sleeping part, it’s the waking up part I hate. Deanna woke me up at 8pm to see if I wanted to get dinner. I knew if I didn’t get up that I would probably sleep until 4am then be wide awake. So I got up.

Since then we watched Royal Tennebaums on TNT mixed with up-to-date election coverage from the Situation Room on CNN.

No comments: