Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh C'MON!

Remember how I said it was getting warmer? Remember how I said I got on facebook.com (did I say that part? maybe not...I'll start there)

I'm in a writing class (which I know I've mentioned) and I had an idea for one of the assignments that involved facebook...but I knew nothing about it. So I joined. If you have no idea what it is, it is like myspace.com. If you don't know what myspace is, it's like hanging out with your friends, but you just do bits and show each other pictures...AND all of your friends will suddenly try to sell you something without even knowing it.

Anyway. I added a bunch of friends on facebook last night. One feature you can do is change how you "feel"...essentially change text that shows up after your name. Right now mine says "Rance does headshots...make him prove it."

Well, I'm sitting here...haven't really got up and about yet, but I'm thinking "it was getting warmer yesterday. Maybe I'll go for a run! Let me just look at facebook since I have my computer on." And new friend, Nicky, set her text to "Nicky is about to trudge out into the glorious snowy spring day! C'mon Chicago get with it already!" I'm thinking she must have written that on that day it snowed a lot...and then I see she typed it 29 minutes ago.

I look out the window.

It's snowing.

I only eat April snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have facebook? oh no. can of worms time.

bummed to hear about the summer, but i'm trying to find my way to chicago sooner or later. it could take years.