Tuesday, November 04, 2008

11/4/08: Day 10: Valletta, Malta Pt.1

Bummer number one…I couldn’t find a falcon. I really got my mind set on buying a Maltese Falcon. That’s about the only bummer and it is super minor.

Malta is beautiful. It is old. Filled with all sorts of fortifications from many wars gone by. I need to read up more on this place. It has been ruled by many countries and during old times (I’m told) was a place for Catholics to avoid religious persecution and find refuge. The Maltese language is a mix of Italian and Arabic. Anytime I’ve seen Arabic it was written in their alphabet. The stuff around here is all written in the English alphabet…it was interesting to see the more Arabic words spelled out.

Deanna and I just walked around to see things. We had to be on the ship by 2:00 so we couldn’t really go to far. We may try to get to some Neolithic ruins next time we’re here…maybe.

Today as I’ve been sick and Deanna has too we’ve been mostly hanging out watching election coverage. As I type this it is 8:40pm. 1:40pm Chicago time. We won’t see polls start to close until 1:00am. Right now McCain is on doing a speech in Colorado. Ugh. I swear, if he calls us “my friends” one more time…ugh.

I’m really hoping Obama wins. I’ll have to figure out where I’m going to live otherwise. Let’s drill now, right? McCain knows how to deal with our enemies. He knows how to deal with our friends, right? He says so. I guess he forgot about his record.

I’m going to go vomit now.

There will be a part two to this day.

No comments: