Saturday, November 22, 2008

11/22/08: Day 28: Malaga

Spain…and the last day in Europe. I was looking to burn some euros before we left so we basically just walked around town and shopped. Malaga is really beautiful and it didn’t seem like a touristy place. At least not as much as some of the others. You couldn’t find tons of stores selling hoodies (or as Larrance coined tonight, “sweaties”) with Espania or Malaga on them. You couldn’t find venders selling purses, sunglasses, wooden letter train cars that link up to spell your name, laser sound guns that blow bubbles, or clacking magnetic stones. Just a lot of nice shops and a few that sold Malaga t-shirts. Also, not a lot of English speakers.

I did buy a new coat that is awesome. The thing about buying clothing in a country not plagued by morbid obesity is that the clothes fit. I bought an XL and the sleeves are long enough AND I’m not swimming in the rest of it that would normally be designed to accommodate what the USA clothing standards would assume would also be on my frame…a huge belly.

Tonight was Jane L. Powell, the Chocolate Goddess of Love. We watched her show and just kept telling Brett “just watch…she is phenomenal at working the crowd.” She still does the exact same show she did on the Jewel…it is still just as entertaining. Deanna and I came back to watch as much of her second show before we needed to head upstairs to do ours.

After all was said and done we came back to the room and I wanted to order room service. I like to tip. I only had US twenties and some leftover euro. Luckily Deanna had at least a buck. This was my first realization of “We’re really going back to the US. My euro will be useless for a while.”

No comments: