Friday, November 21, 2008

11/21/08: Day 27: Sea Day

Sea Day…so, that means the basics happened. I worked out. I worked on getting photos ready for downloading. I learned some more Italian. We also saw Ole Ole (flamenco dancing) and comedian Bud Andersen do their final show…they leave in Malaga tomorrow before we do our crossing. After that…SETTLERS OF CATAN!

So, that is the summary. Finer points…I didn’t have my camera on the way back from the gym, but I saw a lady sleeping in a deck chair that would have been a priceless picture. At least I hope she was sleeping and not dead. She looked almost exactly like Han Solo when he was frozen in carbonite.

Also, while we were playing Settlers there was one group of four playing bridge or something like it, and a group of older Asians playing Mahjongg. Every time Mahjongg tiles got reshuffled it sound it like bacon sizzling in the pan. There was usually always some noise going on in the game room, be it bacon or talking…except for one moment where everything went quiet right as a bridge lady said over the noise that wasn’t there, “It smells like one of us stepped in shit again.” Everyone laughed.

No comments: