Sunday, November 16, 2008

11/16/08: Day 22: Barcelona

Our last time in Barcelona for awhile. Taking advantage of the end of season lack of crowds we hit some popular spots. Deanna, Jen, Larrance, and I hopped on the Metra (very smooth and easy to figure out) for stop number one. Gaudi’s La Pedra. An apartment building designed by Gaudi and very much containing lack of straight lines.

I gotta say…I’m a straight line guy. I like lines. Gaudi’s stuff is cool, but just not my style. That being said, I still have some great photos coming.

Deanna and I had walked by this building before, but it is famous for its roof. So we got there right around opening time and paid to go up. Surprise, surprise…NO LINE!

From there we grabbed a bite and then headed back to the Metra to get to a stop near Park Guell (a park designed by Gaudi). The entry way reminded me of a slightly fancier Enchanted Forest (7 miles south of Salem)…so…I was expecting more. But the over all design of the park was well done with plenty of great views all around.

From there we all kind of went separate ways to return to the ship. I then did laundry. I am really good at laundry. I like it better than most chores and Deanna hates doing it, so I take it. In theory so she’ll do other chores like cleaning the bathroom or doing dishes…two things that we don’t have to worry about on the ship.

We also found out that Brett went to an internet place and downloaded the first three episodes of 30 Rock and the last 6 of The Office…which I am going to watch…NOW.

No comments: