Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/08: Day 24: Florence

It was weird to be back here so soon. Our days go by way too fast because of trains and such. I know we caught a 9:11 train…so I think that meant we caught a taxi at 8:30. It was just the two couples this time. We wanted to shop at a leather craft school (lower prices because they’re made by students, eat a sit down meal, but our main goal was to go to the Uffizi art museum. At one of the VIP parties a few weeks ago one of the passengers gave us a list of 12 or so things to see in the museum…and WHY. So, I used that as my main guide. I can’t list any of them off, but I saw them, and if you showed me a picture I would recognize it and be able to tell you at least one thing that is important about it.

I think we had to catch a train around 3:00pm to be back on time. Jen and Larrance really wanted to sit down and get some food. So, around 1:30 we were finishing up on the top floor of the Uffizi. Jen and Larrance had already gone downstairs and Deanna was going through slower because she had an audio tour. When I found her we rushed back through so I could show her the things on the list from the passenger.

On our exit we hit another floor that we had to cruise through. I will go back for this floor alone. A lot of old books with fancy calligraphy, and two of the things on my list that I didn’t see.

We made it to get food but had to bust butt to get back to the ship.

I was going to workout, but I was tired…and I didn’t nap…so the tired part just sort of hung with me throughout the rest of the night.

No comments: