Sunday, November 23, 2008

11/23/08: Day 29: Minor Update

Our first sea day is just starting. Everyday now we gain an hour as we turn our clocks back. But...we're on the open Atlantic Ocean. In the middle of the night the waves started. I will try to get a little video footage of people trying to walk in these conditions. It is exceptionally funny right after a show to watch a crowd 1000 swaying back and forth with the waves.

I'm writing to let you know about a few things. One, I've received a shout out via the blog of Jeff Griggs (another Chicago improvisor on another ship) so I thought I would send his out: http://jeffgriggs.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default.

Some people read these because they know me and are keeping up. Some read because they are improvisors who have been on ships and like to reminisce...some are improvisors dreaming of getting this gig and want to know more (that's how I started). There are a lot out there...more than I know of at this point.

I'm also stealing a plea of Jeff's...with a twist. Christmas is coming up. If you're a reader of this blog I would love to receive a Christmas card from you (Deanna would too). For letters you can reach me at:

Rance Rizzutto
Crew Staff
Guest Entertainer/Second City
M.S. Norwegian Gem
First Class Cargo
104 South Central Avenue #18
Valley Stream, NY 11580
USA

That address is only good for letters...not packages. We aren't even in New York until the 29th, so I don't know how reliable or timely the delivery to us is. So why not test it? Right?!

2 comments:

iakiona said...

My girlfriend and I will be on the Gem from December 20th until the 27th. You have any advice for us?

Thanks,
Ikaika

Rance Rizzutto said...

Hey Ikaika, keep an eye out for later posts once we start doing the itinerary you'll be doing.