Friday, May 08, 2009

5/8/09: Day 195: Livorno, Italy

After all the early mornings and excursions and walking we slept in today. Which meant we woke up at 9:00am-ish instead of 7 or 8. At around noon we went into Livorno to look around and see shops. Luckily some were open. We need to learn that 11:30-3:30 is sleepy nap time.

I did find a nice light jacket in one store. With sleeves that are long enough AND for a skinny person. In the midst of finding and purchasing it I lost my sunglasses. We tried to tell the Asian ladies working there that we were looking for my Occhiali da Sole. They pointed us to the sunglasses for sale. I said “no…Cerco…Trovato” knowing (pretty sure) that that meant lost and found. They understood and started looking. We couldn’t find them. Luckily they were one of the 3 for $20 pairs of sunglasses we bought in FL. As we left the store one of the ladies came running out and had my glasses. ‘RAY!

Now we are back on the ship and trying to piece together our future.

No comments: