Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5/27/09: Day 213: Pompeii, Italy

We all headed out to Pompeii today. We met at 9:00 right off the ship. The plan was to get a taxi to the train station, go to Pompeii, then catch the train further to Sorrento.

After about an hour in Pompeii we had hardly gone far at all because my dad was taking pictures of everything. I came up with a good idea…”hey, ladies. You go to Sorrento, I’ll stay here with dad and we’ll meet you if there is time. Otherwise we’ll see you on the ship.” I call it Plan Awesome. Why? Because the ladies were done with Pompeii.

So, they headed out and we stayed there for another 2.5 hours. It was cool because I got to see some stuff I had never seen before. But it was damn hot. We didn’t have time to go to Sorrento and do anything but walk to the port to catch the ferry back. Now, my dad tries to get his money’s worth and wanted to do more. We arrived in the main Naples station and headed out into town to try and find one of those tour bus thingies. By the time we got there my dad realized he was beat from walking around ruins in the blazing sun all day and we just walked the rest of the way back to the ship.

Deanna got back and said her and my mom had a great time. Plan Awesome = SUCCESS. I set the ground work for Plan Awesome II: Plan Awesomer…tomorrow we’re going to Rome and my dad wants to go to the Coliseum. The plan includes me and him going straight to the Coliseum while Deanna and mom go to St. Peter’s Square and go from there.

Later that night we went to see the show…they pulled it off again!

No comments: