Thursday, May 21, 2009

5/21/09: Day 207: Civitavecchia, Italy

So, I normally sit down and write about actual days a few days after they actually happen. Just now I was cleaning some space off my computer and putting it on my external hard drive. As I leaned back with the computer it pulled the drive off the desk and it fell…hard. It had everything on it. It doesn’t work now. The worst was I set myself up for a terrible “I told you so” kind of moment by telling Deanna to be careful by it when she got something out of the refrigerator.

My only hope is that I can take it somewhere to have the data recovered. I have all the headshot stuff backed up, but I just lost all the photo originals from a ton of stuff…most recently, all ship photos up until 4/18. And it fell within 5 minutes of me emptying the Recycle Bin.

Some of you may remember that my desktop computer fell down the stairs before we left for our first contract. I can’t win with this stuff.

So…anyway…Deanna and I went to Sorrento yesterday and did internet in Malta. The End.

No comments: