Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5/13/09: Day 200: Naples, Italy

Day 200! Holy crap. Just the other day as I was watching the news they were talking about Obama’s latest achievements and I realized I’ve been on this ship since before he was elected. So, we’ve reached the 200 day mark…and it sucked.

Of all the times that we’ve been to Naples I had only actually got off the ship twice, and both of those times meant getting on a bus and going to Pompeii. The other times we’ve had rehearsals, or it was raining, or I was tired, or I was fighting ninja Nazis.

We got a map at the information center. It was a map for these hop on bus tours that go all around the city. Unfortunately this meant the at the colored lines of the bus routes covered a lot of street names. All we really wanted to do was walk to the train station to see how long of a walk it was and know how to get there. Well, we got lost. Slightly irritating. The map’s lack of names…more irritating. I figured I would just stop in a shop and buy a map. We couldn’t find a map ANYWHERE. A lot of book stores. A lot of photocopy stores (like, too many of those. How many copies do they need?). NO MAPS!

I was soooooo done with this place. Deanna continued on and I headed back, finally finding a map near the ship. Once Deanna came back she had purchased the same map.

We’ll see how I fare next week.

No comments: