Friday, May 01, 2009

5/1/09: Day 188: Pisa, Italy

We decided on Pisa. There was still a whole part of the city we hadn’t seen before so we went back. Today was a national holiday in Rome which meant pretty much everything was closed. A restaurant here and there, but that was it. Luckily there were a lot of street vendors selling things. We walked, we sat and ate, we walked.

At one point we found this park with tall poles for climbing. I have never been able to climb well up ropes or poles, but I tried and made it to the top without the use of my feet. Oh, I tried to use my feet, but they just kept slipping on the pole.

Our normal routine to Pisa is 5euro taxi to train station; 1.6euro train to Pisa and the same to come back; 5-6euro taxi to ship. What we didn’t take into account was that there were usually 4 or 5 of us together and that cut the cost. It is 20E for a taxi to the train station. We could have tried to take a bus, but they were closed because it was a holiday.

We did make it up to see the tower, but just briefly before walking back for our train. Everyone was taking pictures of people looking like they were holding up the tower. I tried with Deanna but just couldn’t get it right. So, I started taking pics of people getting their pics taken.

No comments: