Thursday, May 28, 2009

5/28/09: Day 214: Rome, Italy

Well, my dad shut down Plan Awesomer. After meeting off the ship at 9:00 we all went to the Coliseum together with the plan to get to St. Peter’s by the end. Deanna and I talked my mom and dad into taking a guided tour. It was a little extra money, but they could get past the line of people waiting to get in.

Deanna and I got coffee and came back an hour later to meet them. They showed up about 90 minutes after they started…that cut our time down. We caught up by taking a taxi to Trevi Fountain. Then to the Pantheon…eventually ending in St. Peter’s.

As we were cutting minutes and racing through the city we realized that Rome is not a one-day city. But we did pretty good for one day.

After all was done and said Deanna and I chilled out before a 9:30 show. Improv style!

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

Being a woodcarver, the Pantheon was heaven. So many wood sculptures. Fantastico!! Felt I lost bucks on the guided tour of coluseum. We didn't get the headsets we were told we'd get. The guide's English was so Italian that I understood little of it. Every word ended in "a". We did get in quicker.