Friday, July 15, 2005

Not-so-baby Pigeons

Well, here they are folks. The baby pigeons. I should have snapped some shots earlier...they have almost gotten rid of all their yellow feathers (like the ones that are still kind of on their heads). This is pretty much what they looked like once the mom stopped sitting on them long enough for us to see them.

I didn't really notice until I looked at the picture, but there's a lot of poop. The pigeon on the right is the boss of the nest. I've seen it peck at the other one and walk all over the other one.


Here are what I assume are the proud parents. There isn't enough room in the nest for the mom to linger anymore, but she goes back and sits on the chicks at night.


That's the pigeons, folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOWDY SON
what is ?
great blog and pics! nice to see what you see. tell D to put pics on hers. - Dad

ps-(mom here)(lost my thought!). You are so talented!

tara d. said...

I have a real soft spot for pigeons. Thanks, Rance, for dedicating your life to pigeons.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, those pigeons are a bigger part of ImprovAcadia then the theater itself. (mostly because all of their crap is on the tables. and deanna touched it.)

Anonymous said...

(last comment was declan's btw)