Monday, July 25, 2005

French to English

We woke up to the sound of pouring rain...and our sunroof was open a crack. I ran down to close it and came back up.

Here's a picture of the Poullet Frit Kentucky from our rainy, eighty-deuce hotel room.

We went down to our free breakfast and I almost faked being french-speaking until the waitress asked (I assumed, because of her hand gestures) how I wanted my eggs. I said "par lez vouz Englais?" Which she did...so I said "scrammbled" and nothing more.

We ate, tipped with US $, and headed out.

After driving a long while we crossed into Ontario and saw ENGLISH!!!

This is a picture of what the Translation for Couche-Tard is...Mac's.

We drove over 500 miles today with approximately 415 left to go tomorrow. We drove through rain, French, and Toronto traffic to end up in London, ON. Tomorrow (hopefully) we are HOME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome, I've gotta get back to Canada, just to try the PFK. The mystery of Couche-Tard lives on, even though Mac's seems a bit more appropriete, (with the winking owl and all).

-declan