Monday, December 29, 2008

12/29/08: Day 65: Port Canaveral

Today was an extended adventure in going to the chiropractor. I had devised my possible routes of making the 7 mile journey. Either I would take the $7 shuttle that went from Cocoa Beach to Walmart to the mall to the ship and take a trolley, or I would take the free Hertz shuttle and take the trolley.

I knew I would end up at the mall eventually and would need a shuttle ticket to get back to the ship so I bought the ticket…THEN I asked the driver “are you going to Cocoa Beach?” “Not yet.” What? I knew they didn’t go last week because the weather wasn’t good. But it was sunny today…and around 12:30 when I asked. So, I walked over to the Hertz shuttle that was going to and fro the last times we were around. I figured I would hop on with everyone else and blend in…then sneak away to the trolley stop unnoticed. The driver of that shuttle was telling everyone that the cheapest car they had left was $105. So, no one was taking that shuttle. I ended up getting on a taxi with some other people I didn’t know. I only needed to get to A1A (BEACH FRONT AVENUE!). $11 is what that little hop skip and jump cost.

As I was walking down the road from there (because I had missed a trolley and didn’t want to stand still in the heat) I saw a massage place and decided to get one to loosen up my back. Last time I went to the chiropractor he couldn’t get my main area of pain to pop. I got out of the massage and…just missed a trolley again. 25 minutes of walking later, I got on the trolley and made it to the chiropractor. Good pops too.

Later that night we had our sketch shows and I got my first “Badabing.” I’m using that as a noun. In one part of our show I ask someone their name as part of a song, and then their job, what they hate about it, and what they love about it. This guy said he was a tugboat captain. I asked if he was for real. He said sure. It was clear to both of us he wasn’t. Luckily his kids were with him…but they didn’t know what he did. One of them said “something with ATMs.” So I took that and directed attention back to him “So, you do stuff with ATMs? What is your job?” “Tug boat captain.” I just skipped him altogether after that and went two guys over.

Folks, if you’re an audience member in an improv/comedy show that goes to you for suggestions, just be honest. Fo’ real, y’all.

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

well, I am a movie director. I tell every main actor in the dvd I watch that they are good or they stink. Saw Yes Man with friends on NYE and I say YES to Jim Carrey.