Wednesday, December 24, 2008

12/24/08: Day 60: Nassau

Christmas Eve! We had a safety drill this morning…after going to bed around three. Yikes. From there we had breakfast and then helped the youth counselors wrap presents for the 700 kids on board. I didn’t do much wrapping…I was facilitating. The presents were still in their shipping boxes and inside of those they were wrapped in plastic bags. First I took all the bags off everything while people were wrapping. Then I started cutting paper for Jen, Brett, and Deanna to use. Since all the gifts were the same size it made more sense to assembly line it to me. So, I was the paper cutter.

Right now I’m either in the internet cafĂ© with a fast signal or outside the ship because the internet place was closed on Christmas Eve. It seems like I don’t know because I’m ACTUALLY on the ship pre-typing this before I go out into the world.

Oh, and we don’t have a show tonight. We thought we were, and I arranged a line up that had Christmas themed games in it, but we got trumped by some festival of lights or something.

No comments: