Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10/08: Day 46: Nassau

Starbucks. Internet. We have an improv show tonight. Ta da.

Deanna and I ate breakfast this morning outside and watched the hovering seagulls. They are experts at floating in the air and then swooping down to quick grab food off plates. One got a piece of bacon and took off. The plate belonged to the husband of a lady sitting at the table...her husband wandered off somewhere. Instead of moving the plate somewhere safe she went to complain to the staff about the birds. You know, because the crew is incharge when it comes to birds.

I went back to the ship after a couple hours in town and then came back out to get another coffee at starbucks. On my way out there was an announcement that they needed a stretcher on deck 12 by the pool. I figured someone fell and hurt their leg or something. Then, as I got off the ship I saw an ambulance waiting. I walked past it and then paused...I remembered that Deanna was up sun bathing by the pool. So, I waited to see if it was her and hoped that it wasn't. Whew! Off to starbucks! Again!

However starbucks ran out of receipts. They give receipts with passwords and logins when you order. So, I came to an open area where all the crew get their internet for free. It is slow, but it is available.

I'm glad I did. While I was sitting here a guy walked by me and farted twice...audible. I also got to see Cletus (one of the crew staff) and another crew member help walk an EXTREMELY drunk guy to the ship. And then, another ambulance showed up. Who knows for what this time.

Just another day on the open sea.

No comments: