Thursday, December 11, 2008

12/11/08: Day 47: Freeport

These days are blending. First, a little about my blogging process. I have a word doc that I write in during the day so that I remember the stuff that happened when I actually get time to blog. Sometimes, when a lot of interesting stuff seems to not happen, I don’t write. Or sometimes I get to an internet cafĂ© before I write in the doc so I have no idea what I wrote. My last post, from Nassau, is not in my doc. So I only remember writing about the farting guy and the drunk guy.

Anyway, today was Freeport. Right off the ship there are only a handful of little shops, the tented kind (shirts, jewelry, hats…crap). That’s it. You have to take a cab to get anywhere. Also, we’re not really in this port too long. Last night Deanna said she wanted to get off early and see the actual city. I said I’d go with her if she actually went. We got up at 11:00am. We had to be back on at 1:00pm. We didn’t go anywhere.

Larrance and Jen did and they said there is some weird agreement with the cabs that come to the port. If you ask to go to the city they take you to another area of tented shops with the same crap and tell you it is the city. I didn’t get the details of why they do this, but I’m glad someone went to try to see the town and figure it out.

Everything has been very smooth on the seas. Tonight as we went to dinner I saw empty barf bags by the elevators. That ALWAYS means we’re heading for rough weather. There has been a winter storm cutting across America. The one with snow for New Orleans. Apparently that was starting to catch up to us. Basically a fun night of waves.

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

reminds me of cozumel. bus stopped at souvenir store before reaching the Maya ruins with more souvenir stores. of course folks already bought their crap at the first place for more money than at the 2nd place.