Saturday, December 06, 2008

12/06/08: Day 42: New York

Today was the day of brain farts. I left the ship without my sunglasses and camera. Deanna and I both left without our nametags…which weren’t important, but can help expedite our departure from the ship.

We walked around all day. It was about 35 degrees and felt like it got colder. We stopped at the post office to send off packages to my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and Rene…so keep an eye out for packages. The post office was technically closed so we used the automated system. Fairly good…especially if the packages arrive.

From there Deanna wanted to take me to the Fossil store to try and re-find a watch that I saw and really liked in Europe…only the watch I saw was Swatch brand. That explained why it was so hard for Deanna to find it online with Fossil.

Nice surprise today, we saw Jon Paul, Johnny, and Ryan from the Jewel JARs and next weekend gives the promise of Candi and Christopher. It was great seeing them again.

After that we hit a slight snafu, but that is Deanna’s story to tell.

No comments: