Thursday, December 25, 2008

12/25/08: Day 61: Freeport

Merry Christmas!

Last night the entire cast got together for dinner. At first we headed to the Grand Pacific (the big dining room at the back) but there was a crowd waiting there. I laughed…at the fact that we were trying to get a table for 6 in a crowd. But when I laughed a guy looked at me like I was laughing at him. Why would he think I was laughing at him? Because he had a row of small braids with green beads going all along the part in his hair? Probably that.

We then headed to Magenta, the other main dining room, to see if we could get a table. Jackpot. We had a nice dinner and then headed out to gather our secret santa gifts before heading to Jen and Larrance’s. On our way out of Magenta there were three teen-aged girls who were blown away that they saw us. One even went so far as to say “I can’t even talk. I’m star-struck!”

We had a great gift exchange, looked at a lot of Jen and Larrance’s photos from Europe, and then headed back to the room. Deanna and I decided to open presents since it was past midnight. A very good Christmas. Deanna got me a couple of gag DVDs and made me…MADE me watch one. Beverly Hills Chihuahua. This movie is a turd. I combines so many things I can’t stand: voice-over for animals; people who can’t hear what their animals are saying, but over explaining things just to their animals for the sake of plot; dogs dressed in clothes; bad dialogue; and worse of all…a soundtrack that basically seems like they just picked up a copy of jock jams and used that. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. If you saw it and loved it we probably shouldn’t be friends.

I missed breakfast. We got up around 11:15 and just hung out. Deanna is getting over a cold that I haven’t caught (neti pot!). And at noon our ship set sail from Freeport…at NOON. The rumor going around is that a marine life protection law went into effect and the ship has to go slower. So, we leave early and arrive later. But that is just the rumor.

Right now were watching CNN and they have all anchors we’ve never seen before. Christmas!

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

If you hate the movie then I can't wait to see it as I know I'll love it. We can still be friends. - Dad