Friday, September 15, 2006

While I'm Thinking of it...

Rex and Katie do their last shows tomorrow and then it is just Jen, Deanna and I until Mike gets here around 10/1. Marla was supposed to come but some asshole decided to drink and then drive his van and then run into Marla and her husband while they were riding bikes. They are alive...I'm not sure how ok they are. I was looking forward to playing with Marla again.

If you drink and drive, please hit a telephone pole or an unoccupied car and die before hitting and injuring innocent people. If you have driven drunk in the last year, and you know you have, you are required to tell me and make one of three choices: 1) I punch you in the throat; 2) I kick you in the stomach; 3) I kick you in the crotch as hard as I can (yes, this option is available to women too). Driving drunk is as stupid as willingly letting someone do one of those three things to you, so...I'll do it.

Back to Maine.

Rex and Katie are leaving soon and I wanted to tell of some funnies.

Rex seems like a man of nature. He at least has a huge Swiss army knife (and I've heard he's a demon in the sack). But he seems like he respects nature. As we were getting out of the car to hike Precipice yesterday he had a paper coffee cup that he threw into the bushes, aggressively...as if daring anyone to care. It was a bit, but was so not like him that it struck me funny.

Katie also was part of hilarity today. While I was making chili she looked in the fridge and said "Oh great! There's applesauce I bought four weeks ago." She got a bowl, spoon, and her sauce jar. I helped her open it and she flipped the jar upside-down over the bowl to get out the sauce. I said, "I hope what I think is going to happen does." She said, "what?" And then it happened...almost the entire jar of sauce came out of the jar into the bowl. I died laughing. I felt like I had psychic powers over the sauce.

It was great getting to meet you Rex and Katie. I hope to see you both around in Chicago.

No comments: