Thursday, September 28, 2006

Run Forrest Run!

I went running today. I've been going once every three days. I'm upto about 35 minutes now...probably 3 miles. This beats my previous lifetime max of 20 minutes when I was taking Tae Kwon Do long ago.

My normal routine is walk about three minutes to School street, turn right and jog. It is an immediate up hill, then down, through the the YMCA parking lot, through the Mill Mall parking lot, up the stairs to the track. Then I run until I have one song left and jog back to that song, which usually gets me almost back to where I started jogging from.

Today I cut left on some road that took me to the same school track. I got about 5 laps in when a fire truck pulled up...and then an ambulance. A guy climbed the small fence and stopped me to let me know Life Flight would be landing in the soccer field that the track surrounded.

I was kicked of the track. I jogged back and forth around the road until I watch the helicopter land. I didn't see what happened from there.

But, I'm up to 35 minutes! Friday I'm going to walk all the way to the track and see how many laps I can do. I'm going to try to just do four miles and not focus on time...I might even try for my overall goal of five miles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the pics, but my fave is Deanna's expression juxtaposed with Jen's.

Perhaps the monkey on stilts was a commentary about GW? He's like a monkey ... on stilts. In Washington.

Deep thinking brought to you by Erin Cunningham.

Way to meet your running goals, Rance!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I make my comment about the pictures on the wrong blog entry! Is that a blogging foul?