Monday, September 25, 2006

CANDLE PIN BOWLING!


We all decided to candle pin bowl. I remember Larrance and Jen mentioning it last year, but we never went. Not the case this year. Candle pin bowling is a little different than regular bowling. The pins are straight (some would say candle-shaped), the ball is like a skeeball but just a little bigger, you get three bowls instead of two, and the pins don't clear until you've bowled all three...so you can use fallen pins to your advantage. We called this "using your wood."

I did alright in the first game and I think I barely nudged ahead of Deanna in the second game. It was fun all around.

Larrance had a faulty shoe and totally tripped at one point. Since he was the first to bowl we all tripped in that frame.

On two separate occasions I had knocked a pin into the gutter, and they bowled so hard toward that pin that my ball came rolling back toward us. It never made it all the way though.

I recommend Candle pin bowling to anyone.

2 comments:

Tony Rizzutto said...

you played duck pins in DC when you were 5. you come from a bowling geneology - Dad

tara d. said...

"Since he was the first to bowl we all tripped in that frame."

this is true friendsh.