Saturday, September 09, 2006

FOUR! (Emphasis on the "R")

Yesterday was my mom's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!)...please feel free to leave her birthday wishes in the comments section.

To celebrate, we all went to Pirate's Cove to play some mini golf.





It was a grand affair. This is easily the best mini golf place ever (that we pass on the the trip from the house to the island)! We traded in our land names for pirate names. Deanna became Clamilla. Katie became Eye Patch. Rex became Peg (pronounced pedge...soft 'g'). I became Sabre Pete. Deanna put out the challenge that the loser had to buy treats for everyone...or the winner had to...then it was decided that the winner AND loser had to. I agreed because Katie was talkin' smack saying she would win so I figured I wouldn't win, and I knew I wouldn't lose.



Last year when we came to the Pirate's Cove we only had time for 18 holes. Well...not this time. We had time for all 36. On hole 6 of the first 18 all of us got a hole in one!!! (except Peg)



After all was said and done, I was the winner and Deanna was the furthest away from winning. As we headed into town for our 5:00pm call and stopped for food, I picked up candy as my treat. Someone had brought up "What's your favorite candy?" at some point, so I knew. Deanna's treats were a little more touristy. I can't remember what she got for Katie, but she got me a lobster claw harmonica...well, you can blow on it and it makes sounds that are almost musical notes. She got Rex a lobster paddle ball and told him it would probably only last for 5 minutes...it lasted for about 3.


The season is in the middle of a swtichover right now. The people with kids aren't vacationing because school has started. The adults will start vacationing soon to see the changing of the leaves colors. Locals refer to these adults as "The Newly-wed or Nearly-dead." So crowds are a little light. We were supposed to have a 6:00 and 8:00 show last night but didn't have enough people at the 6:00. The people who DID show came back for the 8:00. Since we had time to kill I made Katie and Rex go down to the water for photos.

In Chicago improv land, Second City announced they're doing auditions in October. Luckily we're going to be back by then.

No comments: