Wednesday, September 06, 2006

BREAKERS!!!



This morning Rex, Katie, Deanna and I got up early and went Whale Watching. This is something that Deanna and I didn't do last year. She said she had gone before, and I was impartial. Why? Well, one of the games we did almost every night was "The Dream."

The Dream consists of interviewing an audience member about their day and then acting out their dream as affected by the things that happened during the day. Just about everyone who said they went whale watching also said they saw people puking.



We're in prime season for getting into things for free out here. Island workers get discounts everywhere. We got to go for free because they had plenty of space available. As we headed down to the boat a guy with a camera asked us to stop by a life preserver and pose. I only wish I bought our picture, or at least took pictures of some of the other pictures. There were a few pictures of older couples walking by the life preserver as if the photographer didn't care or the people were rushing to get on board.



Once we got on, we scored seats in the very front. It was easy to keep an eye on the horizon (a major key in NOT puking). At one point Deanna went in to use the restroom and said there were two little girls puking in there, and a guy who looked grey waiting to use the restroom. We all lucked out.



As we headed out we barely saw three finback whales, and then we crossed paths with "Breakers" the humpback whale. The underside of a whale's tale is like a finger print and "Breakers" tale print looks like breaking waves.



Over all, it was good. I think I got some good photos with my big camera, but I'm still in the process of getting that sorted out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D is rockin' some cool-ass shades!--Erin C.