Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Day Off

Deanna and I were going to go hiking today, but I wasn't feeling well. I stayed in town while she went for the hike. I DID have her drop me off at Strawberries on her way in. Strawberries is the Maine equal to Sam Goody's or Coconuts. I purchased Weird Al Yankovic's "Straight Outta Lynwood." The first tape I went to the store and bought myself was his "In 3-D" cassette. I am pretty sure I have all of his stuff on CD except for his greatest hits stuff...because I have all of those songs. We even created a character at outdoor school (the camp I used to work at) based on his song "Harvey the Wonder Hamster". It was a short song, so we would play it during meals and Harvey would come out to deliver some important message like use manners or don't waste food.

The new album is pretty good. I like Pancreas, Trapped in the Drive Thru, and:



Other than that I spent the day doing laundry and writing sketches.

Once Deanna got home we headed into town to watch "Little Miss Sunshine" at Reel Pizza. We've been dying to see this movie and it was well warranted. The characters were all great. You should definitely see this movie. The cool thing about Reel Pizza is each row of movie seats has a little counter in front of it. You order pizza, they give you a number, when it's ready, your number flashes on a bingo board on the wall. Grab your grub and put it on the counter in front of you. The counter is double cool because it provides extra legroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling well now. - me

Rance Rizzutto said...

Thank you Jackie Chan.

Anonymous said...

what? this is really mom, but i sign it 'me' incase i say anything really dumb (so as not to embarrass you :)). i like Jackie Chan. that could be my new alias. hugs, me